Pedro's Homer Leads Bucs over Cards 6-3 in 19
WP: Wandy Rodriguez (8-12)
LP: Barret Browning (1-3)
- Pirates had 5 hits through 9 innings.
- Score was tied at 2 after 9, no one cares what happened before.
- Score stayed tied until Garrett Jones reached on an infield single with the bases loaded in the 17th. 3-2 Bucs.
- Cardinals answered with a sac fly. Tied 3-3 after 17.
- Score stayed the same until the 19th.
- The 19th inning is when the Pirates lost to the Braves last year.
- With one out, Pedro Alvarez homered to right center. I lost my mind. 4-3 Bucs.
- Bases were then loaded up for Andrew McCutchen, who singled home two. 6-3 Bucs.
- Cardinals had no answer. BUCS WIN IN 19.
- SUCK IT JERRY MEALS.
- Wandy Rodriguez got his first win as a Pirate. As a reliever. He will not start tomorrow.
- From Elias: Pedro Alvarez's HR in the 19th inning is the latest HR ever for a Pirates player.
- From Elias: Pirates are 1st team to score 3+ runs in 19th inning or later since Expos at Astros on July 7, 1985 (3 in 19th). The last time Pirates scored 3+ runs in 19th inning or later was July 31, 1912 at Boston Braves (3 in 19th).
- Game took 6 hours and 7 minutes. Luckily it was a 2 o'clock start.
- NO BLOWN CALLS!! EVEN THOUGH JIM JOYCE WAS THERE.
3) Jaime Garcia (8.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER (2 R), 10 K)
2) Andrew McCutchen (2 RBI in 19th)
1) Pedro Alvarez (Go Ahead Homer in 19th)